We want to say Thank you for trusting us with you eye care needs and emergencies. During the COVID-19 pandemic we have continued to see urgent and emergent patients. As we start to gradually re-open our offices, we have implemented some new policies to safeguard our office for our patients and staff.
Starting May 15th, you will be able to make appointments for all your eye care needs. In doing so, you will notice the changes to both the appointment process and to the office workflow.
We understand that you may some questions regarding your safety, scheduling of your appointment and more. Please review the below information, and if you have any questions please reach out to one of our staff members at (201) 374-8900.
What safety measures have been implemented in the offices?
The health of our patients and staff is our highest priority. Safe practice policies have always been in place but due to COVID-19, we want to ensure and inform our patients with some of the precautions we are taking. We are rigorously cleaning all surfaces, sanitizing exam rooms between each patient, and preforming instrument disinfection. We have also installed plexiglass barriers to allow for proper protection during check-in and check-out registrations. We have also rearranged our waiting areas for greater social distancing.
What are the changes made to the check in process?
- While scheduling your appointment our staff will go over a health checklist to ensure you are in your best health to come into the office, and again during the confirmation phone call.
- We ask that you have your insurance information ready, as this will be required to be entered before you arrive.
- We ask that you arrive 15 minutes early to your scheduled appointment and call the office when you arrive and before you leave your car
- We are limiting the amount of patient that we have at any given time. To help us with this we ask that you wait in your car until we call you to come in
- Please come into the office alone, or with only one other person if you need help with communication, mobility and are not 18 years of age.
- Masks or some form of face coverings is required for entry. If you do not have one, please let us know and one will be provided to you.
- We will also take your temperature.
How can I schedule my next appointment in the office?
There are several ways you can schedule your next appointment in one of our locations.
- Call us at (201) 374-8900 to book, confirm, cancel or reschedule an appointment or upcoming procedure or surgery
Will Telehealth services continue to be offered?
We will continue to offer Telehealth services for our patients. During a Telehealth visit a Doctor will be able to discuss some of your eye care needs but may determine that an in-office visit is the most appropriate plan. To request a Telehealth visit please go to www.thenjeye.com or call us at (201) 374-8900.
We look forward to seeing you soon! Until then Stay well and Stay Safe!
The Doctors and Staff of The New Jersey Eye Center.