How much does LASIK eye surgery cost?
The cost of LASIK eye surgery usually varies by practice and the region. However, the average cost of LASIK eye surgery is $1,500 to $3,000 per eye. You may expect some variations in the price of eye surgery, depending on the surgeon you hired, the type of surgery you’re undergoing, and the region of the country.
What to expect during LASIK eye surgery recovery?
- Once the surgical procedure is complete, you may experience temporary itching and a burning sensation in your eyes.
- You can’t drive until your LASIK eye surgeon gives permission. Therefore, you should either call a family member or a friend to drive you home after the surgery.
- You can expect haziness and blurry vision at least the first 24 hours after the surgery. However, the clarity of your eyes may start to improve by the next day.
- Over the next few days or a few weeks, your eyes may continue to improve and heal.
- It would be best if you avoided any strenuous exercise until your eyes heal completely.
As compared to any other surgical procedure, LASIK surgery has a higher success rate. However, it is always important to discuss with your LASIK eye surgeon about the associated risks and whether you’re an ideal candidate or not. If you’re looking to improve or correct your vision, feel free to call us – (201) 374-8900.
A new year comes with new hopes, dreams, and resolutions. With this note, we, at New Jersey Eye Center, wish you a healthy and happy new year.